IT Cyber Security Architect, Senior
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The Senior Security Architect is responsible for managing all aspects of the Genuine Parts Company Enterprise Security architecture and will serve as the primary point of contact across GPC for all security architecture related items and issues. The Senior Security Architect will be responsible for planning, analyzing, designing, configuring, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting the Genuine Parts Company (GPC) Global computer and network security infrastructure by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards and procedures; and working with the Enterprise Architecture across all subsidiaries. In addition to anticipating possible security threats and identifying areas of weakness in a network system, a Security Architect will be responsible for promptly and effectively responding to possible breaches of security.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Ensuring all personnel have access to the IT system limited by need and role
- Promptly responding to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses
- Acquire a complete understanding of a company’s technology and information systems
- Plan, research and design robust security architectures for any IT project
- Research security standards, security systems and authentication protocols
- Review and approve installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS scanning technologies and servers
- Test final security structures to ensure they behave as expected
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years of Cyber Security experience
- Five or more years’ experience in:
- Enterprise security architecture, demonstrating wired and wireless solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies.
- Designing and implementing security solutions, including continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions.
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Security Considerations of cloud computing including data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APT’s, data loss and DoS attacks.
- Identity and access management (IAM)- the framework of security policies and technologies that limit and track the access of those in an organization to sensitive technology resources.
- Experience with Global Security Organizations is desired
- A SABSA, ISSAP, ISSEP, CISSP, CISA, CISM or equivalent certification is required
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values
- Displays commitment to excellence
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals
- Ability to work effectively, independent of assistance or supervision
- Ability to clearly communicate Information Security matters to executives, auditors, end users, and engineers, using appropriate language, examples, and tone to convey critical information
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities in order to meet customer expectations
- Attention to detail, and experience working in a large segmented organization
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge of security concepts
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with business managers and IT teams in a collaborative team-oriented environment is essential.
- Experience with Windows, UNIX, mainframe, relational database management system (RDBMS), and secure Network Design and implementation
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, NIST-800 series and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours as required which can include evenings, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.