Category Management / Merchandising Intern - Summer 2022
Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
Our 11-week summer internship program will be in person in Atlanta (some remote work days available) and run from May 23, 2022 – August 5, 2022. We are looking for several Category Management Interns who will rotate through various teams within the Category Management department while learning about a global distribution organization.
Ownership of strategic category direction aimed specifically at enhancing GPC’s sales, profit, inventory turns, and market position within the industry while upholding GPC’s high standards of ethics and integrity as a intern of the corporation.
Position Performance Measures:
- Grow Genuine Parts Company’s sales, profits, and market share within the US Automotive Aftermarket
- Manage relationships with suppliers to both procure and present competitive programs to the market
- Create efficiencies with key internal and external stakeholders, while working across various APG departments to effectively develop procurement, sales, and marketing programs.
- The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. The intern is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- The intern will work alongside the Accessories Category Management team as we work through an overhaul of the Accessories business.
- The intern may be responsible for vendor/item setup, submissions for marketing publications, and vendor data collection.
- The intern would work most closely with the Category Activation Specialist, but will also have exposure to broader Category Management work, including preparing for Accessories launch at Expo, and any RFQ processes or Line Reviews underway in Summer 2022.
What’s in it for you:
- Participate in biweekly Lunch and Learn events with company leaders
- Attend a Braves game and volunteer time with fellow interns
- Explore the history of the company through a multi-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
- Present your summer project to fellow interns and GPC executives
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, seeking degree in Business, Marketing, Economics or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
And if you have this, even better:
- Experience creating presentations, documentation, and visual aides
- Knowledge of Excel, reporting, and trends
- Passion for strategic business communication
Additional information for you:
GPC has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think this is the perfect fit for you, check out the list of other opportunities we have at jobs.genpt.com.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.