Automation Inside Sales
Axis New England, a division of Motion Industries, is a successful Automation Technology Center servicing the New England and Upstate New York markets. Our teams of automation experts assist manufacturers with their automation challenges, employing technologies such as servo systems, robotic arms, machine vision systems and other industrial automation. We provide solutions ranging from component level OEM products, automation sub-assemblies, through turnkey motion system. We are living in the age of automation – there has never been a more exciting time to be involved in this fast-paced growing industry!
*Resume and Cover letter required for consideration for this position*
A successful Automation Inside Sales Representative will:
- Demonstrate expertise in automation technology in discussions with customers, leverage training on a wide variety of products including motion control systems, robots, vision systems and more.
- Work with customers to guide them through the automation technology selection process, helping to choose products that fit their application needs
- Prepare quotations to support Outside Sales, with either direct or indirect customer interaction.
- Prospect and build a sales pipeline for the Outside Sales Engineering Team via outbound calling, email communications and other direct marketing methods
- Qualify all sales leads by discussing individual automation needs with clients by phone and email. Record and follow up on sales interactions with customers
Job Skills and Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong understanding of the sales process
- Able to quickly learn technical concepts of mechanics, electronics, robotics and controls for products that Axis New England represents
- Solid multi-tasking skills, as it is common to be managing many different opportunities and quotations at a time
- Customer service experience
- Must able to adapt in a fast-paced business environment.
- Technical communications background; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.