Maintains the accuracy of forecasting calculations for product inventories and seeks out datasets that will continue to allow improvement in this process. Collaborates with technology development and project teams to refine, adapt, and apply data models and results to business issues.
- The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process.
- Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Works with technology development team to validate statistical models.
- Provides insight into usefulness of new datasets.
- Offers proof of the accuracy of existing calculations.
- Develops and enhances all processes and algorithms related to forecasting and estimation.
- Works to further understand the business process and goals of the Classification department.
- Keeps up to date with advancements in the field of data science.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or Sciences, or equivalent experience, required. Masters highly preferred.
- 2+ years direct work experience providing mathematic modeling, statistical analysis, and ability to synthesize results with business needs.
- Background in machine learning and data mining techniques.
- Experience with Mahout a plus.
- Solid understanding of SQL coding, relational database structures and query technique.
- Strong abilities in data exploration, data manipulation, and data visualization.
- Automotive enthusiasm a plus. Work is performed in a typical office environment.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.