Associate HR Manager
Are you looking to make a huge impact and touch all facets of HR with a fast paced and dynamic HR department? We are seeking great talent to join our team as a participant in the Associate HR Manager (AHRM) training program. This is a rigorous, 12-month training program designed to give aspiring HR Professionals the experience and exposure to the business and gain entry into a Fortune 200 company. Our dynamic program offers the opportunity to spend quality time in our Distribution Center and Company Stores in addition to working with our Human Resources department.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion and excitement for building and sustaining relationships
- Willing to be a part of a 12-month dynamic and supportive trainee program
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Is goal-oriented and ambitious
- Enjoys being the go-to person for just about everything when it comes to daily operations of an HR department and having the answers
- Enjoy everything payroll related including salary payments and adjustments
- Understands and enjoys Recruitment processes and maintaining employee data records
- Is customer centric when it comes to providing effective HR support
- Has passion and understanding of being in a key leadership role that touches so many parts of a business
A Day in the Life:
- Responsible for the employees and employment practices for the Distribution Center and company-owned NAPA stores.
- Increase bench strength through recruiting, coaching and development of personnel.
- Provide leadership, and establish a work experience that enables NAPA to be the preferred employer in the community
- Partner with the General Manager, District Manager, Sales Manager and Operations Manager to ensure the short term and longer-term talent needed to successfully meet business priorities
- Conducts and directs new employee orientation process to ensure employee can quickly perform their job.
- Demands high standards in performance management, employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- Executes, manages, and administers company programs and training.
- Coordinates and leads Employee Involvement, Safety, and annual benefit meetings.
- Coaches managers on effective employee management, employee retention, and employee recognition and development techniques.
- Manages compliance with company, federal, state, and local policies and regulations related to employment, compensation, safety, workers compensation and security for the DC and company owned stores.
- Manages the employee separation process and collects/analyzes data to enhance the employee experience.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of general office/clerical experience (preferred)
- Must be able to relocate upon completion of program
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with a drive for results
- Tech-savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the ability to navigate among various software programs and social media platforms
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll systems is preferred
How we support you in the AHRM role:
While the program is largely designed to be self-managed, AHRMs are assigned a coach who is responsible for partnering with them throughout the program. You are provided with a comprehensive list of business processes, experiences, and training that will be completed throughout the 12-month program. Collaboratively, the AHRM and Coach establish a monthly plan to ensure that you are involved in all critical aspects of our business. There are also opportunities to be pulled into projects and special assignments that inevitably boost the learning.
Why NAPA is the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
This position may involve some travel.
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don't think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.