Machine Operator (FAB)
Machine Operator - Efficiently set up and operate one piece of converting equipment, such as the Beck, Clark Aiken power cutter, and the industrial laminator to produce materials within specified tolerances and quality standards. Interacts with Production Planner, Shipping associates and Quality Technicians, when appropriate.
- Perform all duties necessary to set up, adjust and operate one or more pieces of equipment as listed above and, with some assistance, operate other equipment to convert materials to established specifications.
- Select proper job supplies and verify that placed material conforms to order requirements load onto or off machine or equipment, using care to align properly to prevent waste and best utilize materials.
- Report discrepancies to lead person or Converting Supervisor.
- Transfer completed materials from the machine to skids, pallets, containers, etc.
- Repackage unused bulk stock to ensure proper storage and maintain cleanliness.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Package or prepare materials for shipment.
- Tag or label materials with required information and complete work orders and records as required.
- Assist in the monitoring of required supplies, materials and equipment.
- Fill out inventory use slips for stock material used in the performance.
- Perform job within rated production standards.
- Provide feedback to the Converting Supervisor or lead person when production standards are exceeded.
- Follow and comply with rules and regulations of employment as listed in the Associat Handbook, or as amended through memos or other methods of notification.
- Ensure that all quality standards are met, tests performed, and data collection / documentation completed as required by the Tekra Quality Program.
- May be assigned to perform other duties as required by the Converting Supervisor or lead person.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Basic math, communication skills, mechanical aptitude, problem solving.
- Hearing protection is strongly recommended
- Safety glasses are required in designated areas
- Gloves and other PPE equipment as advised by MSDS sheets.
- Uses hands and fingers for small movements and to grasp large objects.
- Able to speak to be understood
- Ability to hear in normal shop conditions
- Frequent Movements involving twisting and turning and using wrists, hands and fingers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.