The successful Financial Analyst will provide direct support to the finance team and work with field and HQ leaders on financial analysis to facilitate decision making. The Analyst will also be responsible for enhancing the design and assist the budgeting and forecasting processes for the US APG. This includes working with all levels of management to ensure budgeting and forecasting is conducted via a uniform process.
Position Performance Measures:
- Enhancing TMI for financial budgeting & forecasting.
- Developing the US APG’s annual operating and capital budget.
- Developing the US APG’s forecasting capabilities.
- Developing budgeting & forecasting reporting solutions in line with the department plan.
- Working with US APG CFO, VP of Finance and other US APG Executives to ensure budgetary awareness and improve financial forecasting.
- Identify and summarize key drivers of financial performance on a consolidated and department level.
- Identify notable trends and variances within the financial results
- Expense management, risk analysis and mitigation. Actively monitor expense levers and cost controls required to maintain profitability and achieve budgeted profit targets.
- Interface with Business Leaders to inform strategic inputs to financial models
- Preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Execute on Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis
- Assist in the creation and development of monthly and quarterly reports
- Provide peer review support on reporting packs to insure accuracy.
- Keep Team Leader/Department Leader apprised of progress on key work items.
- Be a subject-matter-expert on TM1 while developing and enhancing its current capabilities to better integrate with the US APG’s budgeting and forecasting processes. This includes, but is not limited to, defining the integration roll-out of budgeting and forecasting from APG HQ to field operations
- Exploring TMI integration with other financial and business intelligence tools (such as Qlik) and 3rd party partners (XL Group, RL Fisher, etc.). Improve the overall reporting, visualization and comprehension of the budget and forecast.
- Developing and enhancing TM1 training for HQ and field managers.
- Providing monthly support for budgeting and forecasting reports for all levels of US APG management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Marketing Intelligence or Business Intelligence. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 2 years prior work experience in Corporate Reporting/FP&A role preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of TM1 or other budgeting and forecasting tools, such as Hyperion (is a plus)
- Good understanding of US GAAP
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint)
- Balance multiple priorities, work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and superior analytical skills
- Highly motivated, passionate, self-starter; comfortable interacting with senior management
- Experience creating business solutions backed by data and analysis.
- High level of commercial and financial acumen experience required.
- Demonstrated and advanced proficiency with business intelligence tools.
- Strong business acumen with understanding of functional linkages and ability to build strong professional relationships with business partners in both operational and financial roles
- Demonstrate flexibility in approach and follow up
- Demonstrated ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Experience using complex databases, spreadsheets and presentation software tools for budgeting and financial analysis.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Less than 10% travel.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.