- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
The Cloud Engineer works with Motion's Infrastructure and Applications teams to develop,
implement, optimize and maintain cloud-based solutions. This role deploys and debugs
cloud stacks, educates teams on new cloud initiatives and ensures the security of the
cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Engineer identifies the most optimal cloud-based solutions
and has in depth experience with data management and data access from cloud-based
solutions. This role guides application teams and ensures they are utilizing cloud services
to their advantage with an emphasis on automation, performance, high availability,
backup/restoration and monitoring/logging. Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Develops technologies to accelerate the cloud journey from legacy monolithic
• Assists Application and Product teams to implement recommended or requested cloud
services and resources.
• Manages individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis
and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous
improvement in system stability and performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related field and five (5)
or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Ability to communicate effectively with project managers, business analysts and testers.
• Comprehensive experience with cloud architecture methodologies including IaaS, PaaS
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD and cloud automation tools (ie. Terraform, GitHub
Actions, Cloudbolt, etc.).
• Hands-on knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems (Open shift preferred).
• Experience with Cloud Run, GKE Autopilot and other similar toolsets within GCP.
• Experience with VMware virtualization technology.
• Experience with O365 products.
• Experience with Active directory and Group Policy.
• Experience with Scripting (Linux shell, PowerShell).
• Extensive experience with cloud infrastructure design and support on Google Cloud and/or Azure Cloud services.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.