Marketing Manager – Strategic Connections Planning
The Marketing Manager – Strategic Connections Planning will be responsible for leading and overseeing all marketing deliverables (earned, shared, paid) for NAPA (or lines of business and brands within NAPA). Inherent in this responsibility is working closely with all internal and external functions/partners to translate long-term strategy into highly effective annual marketing plans. This Marketing Manager – Strategic Connections Planning will have a strong understanding of the business goals with the ability to leverage marketing tactics to promote key customer/brand driving initiatives to deliver a robust ROI for NAPA.
Looking for an optimistic and self-motivated individual with a collaborative, can-do attitude who asks “why” vs. “why not”, finds opportunities and is grounded in the business needs, objectives and vision.
Position Performance Measures:
- Relevant ROI per marketing channel
- Incremental revenue of sales events
- Traffic to site and store
- Negotiated media savings
- Building an always-on, data-driven marketing plan to target high-value customers
- Enhancing creative messaging strategy to align with marketing objectives and brand research
- Cultivating cross-functional relationship (incl. brand, category management, digital, finance) to optimally develop and execute key business initiatives, ranging from monthly promotions, product launches and sales driving programs
- Engaging with Agency partners to develop media recommendations/plans that are aligned with communication goals and key business objectives
- Working with agencies to leverage MMM and consumer insights to drive channel planning, targeting, and partner selection
- Helping stand up DMP and integrate data capabilities and expertise into marketing operations and planning teams
- Optimizing the annual plans to improve ROI by determining media investment allocation across all media: Video, Digital, Social, Radio, Print, OOH, etc.
- Working collaboratively with Marketing Managers as a leader and mentor within the marketing department
- Analyzing competitive activity on an ongoing basis, interpreting data, sharing learnings to guide in the optimization of marketing plans
- Developing KPIs and scrutinizing all reporting to understand optimization opportunities to drive incremental business value
- Tracking media/partner expenditures to ensure budget compliance - providing concise, timely and accurate reporting to accounting and senior management.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 6-8 years of Marketing or Advertising experience (preferably Brand & Agency)
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or Advertising, MBA preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent understanding of holistic marketing fundamentals and industry knowledge: well versed in traditional and digital marketing channels
- Advanced digital skillset: Understanding the nuances of the various platforms: Display (Programmatic/Direct), Search (SEM/Shopping), Social
- Lead with a growth mindset – curiosity, innovation, inclusiveness, grit, flexibility and willingness to give and receive actionable feedback for personal development.
- Strong detail orientation. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work well under tight timelines
- Passion to tackle challenges head-on; not afraid to find creative solutions to solve problems
- Strong verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex topics to a variety of experience levels
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative setting: capability to break down silos to work in concert with relevant stakeholders
- Hunger to dive in and analyze data and be motivated by driving measurable results
- Excellent analytic and project management skills
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
- Travels 20-25% of the time.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.