- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Summer 2023 HR Project Management Intern
Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
GPC has been driving success for over 90 years due to a family of 50,000+ dedicated, intelligent, and innovative employees. But this is the best part – all our businesses throughout the world emphasize the growth and development of our team members by providing opportunities for mentorship and advancement.
This is the ideal role for a student who is searching for challenging and exciting projects, professional growth, and fun networking opportunities with a Fortune 200 company. As an HR Project Management Intern at GPC, you’ll have the opportunity to gain exposure to large-scale projects with a high-profile systems (Workday).
A day in the life:
- Support the adoption / go live measurement of our Workday deployment, working with Change Management + Project Management to prepare and then execute with analysis and reporting focused on user adoption
- Work with the GPC team to plan out/verify the measures – driving a plan of “who”/”when”
- Contribute to the assembly of summary reporting and analysis of user adoption
- Contribute to the preparation & execution of Change Management + Training feedback, measures (adoption survey, local event feedback form, key influencer evaluation recommendation, etc.)
- Participate in the larger team review, determination of “stabilization” and evaluation of “successful adoption”
- Drive corrective actions for end users, by capturing items during stabilization that require follow-up action, maintain a log and work across the team to implement
- Sit in the stabilization project calls, record items which affect end users
- Help Change Management and Training track to completion of corrective actions
- Participate in Phase 1 lessons learned, to feed into Phase 2 planning
What You’ll Need:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, seeking a degree in HR, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mon, May 22, 2023 – Fri, Aug 4, 2023 (11 weeks)
Why GPC may just be the right place for you:
- Stable Fortune 200 company with a “family” culture
- Environment that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths
- Ongoing training and development, with support from leaders and your team
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.