IT Computer Operator
The Computer Operator executes programs and monitors job processing on Mainframes, AS400s, and various systems including web-based application/system monitor such as AppDynamics, Nagios, PeopleSoft, and others. The operator takes the necessary corrective action or escalates issues as needed. Other responsibilities include maintaining computer systems, office/building maintenance, data entry, use of company vehicles, and maintaining security of the building and premises. This role requires significant attention to detail for critical time sensitive processes and file transmissions to and from the stores, distributions centers, and numerous systems and must provide excellent customer service to our external and internal customers.
Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Cover various shifts 24x7x365 (including holidays)
- Execute programs based on documentation, system schedules, and file availability between various systems
- Maintain process instructions and documentation
- Monitor various systems and taking corrective action or issue escalation
- Generate reports and distribute
- Maintains incident logs for all monitored systems
- Resolves user problems by answering questions and requests
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and tests and following manufacturer’s instructions
- Responds to incoming messages, emails, telephone calls, and voice mail inquiries from internal & external customers
- Maintain customer confidence and protect the business by maintaining confidentiality when required
Competencies / Experience / Education:
- Significant attention to detail, promptness, critical thinking, and ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Team oriented, good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and follow instructions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in MS Office, Mainframe, AS400 and UNIX a plus
- Technical/Business School degree or equivalent work experience
Must be able to work in a typical office environment and a remote work environment.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.