Motion Industries Engineers provide the highest levels of knowledge and skills to design and test systems that will enhance our ability to meet the needs of our customers. The Senior Applications Engineer adheres to the technical policies of the Engineering department, and supports customers and Sales by helping them understand and correctly use our products. S/he does this by organizing and exchanging technical information so the customer’s problem can be understood, they can provide solutions, and develop an ongoing relationship while doing it. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
The Senior Applications Engineer will:
- Oversee the production of mechanical assemblies.
- Use SolidWorks to create 3D CAD models, concept drawings, assembly drawings, and manufacturing drawings for both customers and AST internal use.
- Administer software and file management issues associated with SolidWorks.
- Lead the design of special bearings and new product development.
- Use ORBIS modeling software to solve the nonlinear elastic behavior of rolling-element ball bearings.
- Manage document forms and formats to comply with ISO9001 and AS9100.
- Adhere to all company and department policies.
- Quickly respond to requests for technical information and assistance.
- Issue technical bulletins.
- Support web-based marketing programs.
- Contribute to new product and special design projects.
- Conduct bearing failure analyses and inspections and generate associated reports.
- Conduct AST and customer training & seminars.
- Contribute technical expertise in facilities and capital projects.
- Complete applications engineering tasks including
- Directly interface with AST Sales, customers, suppliers, and colleagues to understand technical requirements and application details.
- Bearing engineering calculations.
- Specification of bearing type, size, materials, lubricants, precision levels, fitting practices, and other application-specific details in accordance with industry standard practices.
- Review and approve product and application drawings and specifications.
- Generate quotations for mechanical assemblies and special bearing projects and work with manufacturing and vendors on associated technical, design, and supply issues.
- Support production of mechanical assemblies by designing mating components and hardware, generating process instructions, and training assembly personnel
- BSME in with 5 years minimum experience in mechanical engineering related function
- High degree of analytical and solid mechanics understanding
- Highly effective communication skills (both verbal and oral)
- Proficient in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office suite
- Occasional travel to customer sites
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Navigate within a production, processing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.