The Operations Manager develops, manages, and delivers support services to our sales force. This role is responsible for the administrative services of sales. The Operations Manager acts as liaison between customers, our sales force, and distribution. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position is based in Mt. Vernon, OH.
- Maintains all sales support activities at the branch.
- Trains sales staff on sales related systems, databases, and associated processes.
- Provides customer support including, order processing, advising customers of product shortages, expected delivery dates, and price changes.
- Implements and maintains pricing per established policies.
- Manages collections process and maintains overall responsibility for outstanding invoices.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable activities within the branch including expense, inventory and freight invoices, and debit memos.
- Prepares reports related to customer inquiries, sales trends, customer complaints, delivery or service problems.
- Assists customers and suppliers to resolve order problems.
- Manages inventory for Branch, including the day-to-day maintenance of inventory levels through replenishing stock to meet annual turn goals.
- May fill in for other lower level roles within the branch.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and two (2) or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels of employees.
- Industry and sales experience preferred.
- Ability to perform financial calculations and generate reports.
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills with a record of achieving positive business results.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Professional, self-motivated employee with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary work ethic and decision making ability.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.