- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Director – Product & UX
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”) founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Director of Product Management and UX, to build the next generation eCommerce and Customer Engagement platforms for Genuine Parts Company. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
The right person for the Director of Product Management and UX role loves having maximum impact on an organization, and deeply cares about the customer journey and experience. You should have a proven track record of accelerating team progress and delivering customer value consistently over time. You should also be a fantastic communicator who can partner with business and technology teams, as well as end customers to deliver the products and experiences that will enable business outcomes.
You’ll refine product vision in alignment to company initiatives and user needs and be responsible for sharing and prioritizing your roadmap with feedback from internal collaborators and end users, market and competitive analyses, and usage analytics. You’ll mentor a team of both junior and senior product managers and user experience professionals to clearly identify user problems from a first-principles approach and iteratively solve those problems. You should become comfortable with taking a thousand-foot view of a problem, including an analysis of its multi-year impact, then proposing solutions and zooming in to scope the right approach.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Technology product strategy that achieves the outcomes associated with the business strategy and satisfies user needs.
- Product Management and User Experience competencies and strategy
- Accountable for overall Customer Experience / eCommerce roadmap
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and technology innovations
- Develop deep knowledge of business processes for the domain
- Drive prioritization of product and UX capabilities
- Collaborate and drive cross-domain prioritization and sequencing of activities
- Create/document/track KPIs to measure relevant business goals for the domain
- Represent domain during enterprise planning and discovery
- Manage stakeholder expectations to ensure scoping, backlog and delivery aligns with product strategy
- Provide regular updates to product roadmap
- Understand the needs of our customers and align product strategy to fulfill those needs
- Represent business throughout technology development process
- Document requirements (functional and non-functional) via epics, features and user stories
- Maintain and prioritize product backlog
- Ensure alignment across domains and products
- Champion for the user journey
- Work with agile practitioners and engineering to improve the overall delivery lifecycle
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields or equivalent years of experience preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in scrum/agile development
- 5+ years’ experience of professional Product Management experience
- 3+ years’ experience with eCommerce platforms
- 3+ years’ experience leading UX teams
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
- Experience supporting, mentoring and managing product owners is a plus
- Experience in the B2B and retail business is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.