Digital Conversion and Support Specialist
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
Are you passionate about customer success and being an expert in applications and systems? If so, the Level 3 Conversion, Operations and Support Analyst role might be right for you. Our applications (NAPA TRACS, NAPA PROLink and others) keep thousands of small and medium sized business running efficiently and connected to the NAPA supply chain. This role is key in the onboarding, upgrading and support of shops on the NAPA TRACS shop management system platform.
The Level 3 Conversion, Operations and Support Analyst role is primarily responsible for onboarding new customers and upgrading existing customers. This involves coordinating these activities with customers, performing technical upgrades and doing support pre/post conversion/upgrade. Much of this work will happen after shop business hours and on weekends. The candidate will also assist, as needed, in general support activities including documenting and resolving advanced software/hardware issues reported by our customers and field management. This position has a strong emphasis on customer communications, scheduling and execution of technical tasks that require attention to detail and quality control.
Conversions & Upgrades
- Learn and execute complex conversion and upgrade processes
- Evaluate data before and after conversion/upgrade
- Scheduling conversions with customers
- Customer and salesperson communication throughout the conversion/upgrade process (before, during and after the maintenance)
- Resolve issues during and after conversion, escalating as necessary to others for help
- Promptly assess, triage, and respond to issues escalated from other support areas.
- Proactively manage escalated incidents through resolution and/or de-escalation to lower support levels, and communicate with other groups as appropriate to assure issue resolution.
- Communicate with customers regarding responses to escalated issues.
- Act as a customer advocate to address concerns and resolve issues with due urgency and priority.
- Assure and validate all incidents received or created are properly logged and fully documented.
- De-escalate customer issues and concerns, and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Instruct customers on proper usage of the software.
- Communicate with other support team members on isolation/resolution steps and techniques to improve first response capabilities.
COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communications
- Strong schedule management skills to coordinate work with multiple customers simultaneously
- Must be able to work weekends and after-hours as required by customers
- Demonstrated capability for logical and consistent problem solving
- Intentional, assertive, diplomatic, and persistent, with a strong desire to see things through to completion
- Strong customer focus and orientation
- Strong time management and coordination skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize work load and to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Team-oriented; willing to help on anything; with good collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Willing to ask for help and escalate when technical issues arise
- Minimum 3 years of experience with application, infrastructure or service desk support teams
- Minimum 3 years of Hardware and Software troubleshooting experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with SQL commands and direct data manipulation in a relational database
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supporting Windows desktop and server environments
- Experience with ITIL and ITSM tools such as ServiceNow is preferred
- BS in engineering or computer sciences degree or equivalent experience
- Interest in / knowledge of automobiles, auto repair and the automotive aftermarket is a plus
- Knowledge of the automotive repair business, NAPA TRACS (or similar systems), NAPA systems is a plus
- Prior experience in small to medium size business technical support is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.