Area Manager (Integrated Business Solutions) - Tampa District
One of the fastest growing and most exciting sales channels of NAPA Auto Parts is our Integrated Business Solutions (IBS) model, in which we use our parts and supply chain expertise to run parts departments inside our customer's place of business. As our number of IBS Locations continues to expand, we are in need of Area Managers to learn to manage this side of our business. The IBS Area Manager will support individual site teams by ensuring execution per the customer agreements, and coach teams in proper customer service, inventory management and loss prevention.
- Meets with the customer on a monthly or per contract basis to identify needs, problems/concerns and to address them both quickly and effectively
- Documents business reviews and insure follow up.
- Pursues opportunities for customer cost reductions.
- Develops good customer relations and maintains a high level of service to the customer.
- Respond timely to customer purchase and service questions (escalated by Site Manager).
- Understands, interprets, and complies with all contract requirements and ensures the operation is meeting customer expectations.
- Supervises and coaches Site Managers and site employees.
- Defines job responsibilities, and expectations specific to the IBS customer, for site employees.
- Builds relationships and assists with the negotiation of non-NAPA vendors on pricing, inventory and service and return privileges.
- Ensures Site Managers understand the fiscal responsibility associated with their operation.
- Ensures we are delivering on our service level agreements.
- Communicates operational goals to include fill rates, inventory management, training opportunities.
- Completes all available IBS operations training provided by company and ensures all direct and indirect reports have as well.
- The ideal IBS Area Manager will have experience in an automotive parts department, dealership or retail establishment.
- Warehouse and inventory management experience is also key, and the ability to manage data analysis, heavy reconciliation and reporting.
- Other requirements include:
- College degree, technical school or equivalent work experience required.
- ASE certification required. Ability to manage people prioritize and delegate to team members.
- Ability to read and interpret an operating statement, P&L.
- Understanding of district level inventory management to include purchasing.
- Strong communication skills and detail oriented
- Requires demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber, heavy duty and/or fleet establishment.
- Ability to ensure proper maintenance and protection of Company equipment, inventory and all physical assets of the company.
- Capable of operating a point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and using internet for parts research and sourcing.
- Ability to learn and use customer fleet management software.
- Flexibility with working hours, depending on customer and location needs (i.e. emergency overtime related to weather conditions).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.