- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Parts / Inventory Management - Utilities ( The City of Newton MA)
Manages a company-owned IBS store to generate increased ROI, improved market penetration and provide excellent customer service. Hires and develops quality personnel, sets high performance standards, and uses company-training resources to ensure the efforts and accomplishments of employees are recognized.
Responsible for inventory protection, asset management and operational issues, ensures overall cleanliness of the store, stock room and outside areas. Fully supports and implements all IBS NAPA programs, be they operational or marketing based.
Position Performance Measures:
- Net Profit
- Inventory Turnover
- Payroll Percent
- Gross Profit
- Inventory Gain
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Monitors store sales performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and year to date basis.
- Identifies problems and solve them effectively.
- Develops good customer relations and maintains a high level of service to the customer.
- Addresses customer sales/service questions quickly.
- Supervises and coaches store employees.
- Monitors and recognizes both good and unacceptable performance of employees.
- Ensures proper processes and procedures are utilized to minimize inventory shrinkage.
- Assures that merchandise is received in a timely, accurate manner and that it is put away in the stockroom in an appropriate manner.
- Creates a safe work environment and that required HazMat training occurs in a timely fashion. Actively works at minimizing employee time loss due to Worker’s Compensation injuries
- Understands, interprets, and complies with Company policies.
- Works closely with the District office (or District Manager) to maintain procurement card controls.
- Builds relationships, and negotiates, with non-NAPA vendors on pricing, inventory and service.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical school, and/or college degree a plus.
- Requires demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market service industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber or retail establishment.
- Have a working knowledge of the organization(s) the store services
- Possess high character and always deals fairly with both employees and customers.
- Provide strong leadership to the operation to create a high performance team via customer focus, open communication, a willingness to coach and provide feedback.
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish company goals.
- Enjoy working with people in a fast-paced setting; be competitive yet has the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Insure proper maintenance and protection of Company store facilities, equipment, inventory and other physical assets of the Company.
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn.
- Possess analytical problem solving skills.
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Able to use adding machine and process cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes of up to 60 pounds.
- Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.