- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Principal Engineer/Architect (Supply Chain Technology)
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Principal Engineer in Supply Chain designing, creating, and building innovative solutions at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you will play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for driving the technology strategy for GPC’s supply chain platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/he must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. Strong communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Technical responsibility of roadmap and vision of the Supply Chain Domain
- Guide the development and build out of the supply chain systems
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Lead design and architecture discussions for IT platforms engaging with other staff engineers, engineering teams across different business units
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures
- Provide program management leadership to supply chain initiatives serving as both a technical advisor and project execution expert to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of initiatives
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to staff engineers and the technical team within a domain
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 12+ years’ experience in software engineering & technology
- Experience in designing and building supply chain solutions and package software implementations.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Experience in enterprise level software development experience (non-academic) with demonstrable experience in Java, REST, SOAP, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Microservices.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.