DC Freight Driver
Provides timely delivery of parts to stores to ensure continued operations to dominate their local markets. Picks up and delivers freight from the distribution center and customer’s businesses.
HAZMAT required endorsement. Monday-Friday with optional weekends for overtime.
- Communicates with distribution center and customers to determine delivery needs. Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment.
- Performs freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: lift gate, pallet jack and hand truck.
- Secures freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including but not limited to: pallets, straps and rope.
- Drives assigned route to ensure timely delivery of product from DC to stores. Recoups/repairs damaged freight when necessary.
- Verifies and completes required documentation and reports.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required. 1 year experience driving as CDL.
- Must possess a Class A or B (based on type of vehicle) Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with hazardous materials endorsements.
- Specifically, must pass the air brake component of the general knowledge test. Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations including current medical certificate. Ability to work with computer scanning equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a Team environment.
- Must be able to have basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors and customers).
- Ability to lift / carry by hand freight weighing up to 75 pounds several times a week. Able to push/pull up to 300 lbs using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.