Purpose of the Job:
The Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections: resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
- Contacts customers via phone, fax, and, or email regarding payment of balances owed to EIS
- Works with branches and outside sales to expedite dispute resolution
- Reviews aging data to determine accounts needing follow-up collection activity
- Reviews credit card orders to ensure proper authorizations have been obtained
- Assists in the setup of new accounts, including pulling credit reports and checking credit references
- Other duties as needed
Qualifications to Meet Minimum Requirements:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.