Marketing Manager – Wholesale Customer Lead
The Marketing Manager – Wholesale Customer Lead will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing plans supporting the various B2B industry segments that are serviced by NAPA. The Wholesale Customer Lead should have broad experience building programs with a focus on internal/external branding, lead generation, advertising/sponsorships, events, digital marketing, etc., in order to deliver ROI against the company’s business objectives. Collaboration with an array of cross-functional team members and external vendors is an essential part of the role to increase marketing's contribution to the success of our wholesale business. This position requires a candidate with a blend of strategy, technical, creative, analytic and project management expertise.
Looking for an optimistic and self-motivated individual with a collaborative, can-do attitude who asks “why” vs. “why not,” finds the opportunity, and is grounded in the business need.
Position Performance Measures:
- Contribute to growing number of IBS partnerships
- Incremental sales growth through support of wholesale events
- Grow category sales via promotional initiatives
- Produce Major Account growth
- Creates quarterly & annual marketing calendars to support key initiatives of category managers & industry segments (major accounts, IBS, product)
- Provides marketing content for acquisition plans to secure additional Integrated Business Solutions partnerships
- Ensures all category/product materials are aligned with brand guidelines
- Responsible for the growth of our partnership with AAA to better leverage their audience as it relates to NAPA’s offerings
- Reviews QLIK sales reports regarding wholesale initiatives and/or monthly category promotions with ability to communicate insights and optimization opportunities
- Be a conduit between AutoCare and NAPA marketing teams to ensure efforts are aligned and we are leveraging resources to produce cohesive brand messaging to consumers
- Stays abreast of all new category launches, product enhancements, packaging changes etc.
- Engages with Training team to help market to internal and external customers the value proposition of NAPA partnership
- Builds relationships with supplier community and understands their marketing plans to align them more cohesively with NAPA’s goals
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts, competitive reports, and trends to understand B2B landscape and provide areas of opportunities to internal stakeholders
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 6+ years of marketing experience
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively to provide solutions to complex business challenges
- Understanding nuances of B2B customers and how to effectively communicate value proposition that will drive intended behavior change
- Experience working closely with Category Managers and business leads to deliver supporting content, tools, expertise to enable success
- Thrive in a dynamic and evolving environment; resourceful and creative in designing solutions and surmounting challenges
- Experience in segmenting targets to develop tailored messaging/content to meet disparate groups with varying needs
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail
- Dynamic, motivating, and entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines. Proactive mentality with curiosity and desire to learn.
- A proven track record of working cross-functionally across an organization
- Energy, drive, vision, and credibility to partner with the team whose operational excellence is critical to the success of the company
- Demonstrates ability to influence and work closely with team at all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal staff and business partners
- Upbeat and positive attitude, commitment to winning results
- Self-motivation and deadline-driven focus
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
- Travels 20-25% of the time.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.