HQ - Manager, Procurement
This position will be a key player to ensure the success of NAPA’s merchandising and procurement initiatives. The Procurement Manager will manage NAPA’s end-to-end RFP and RFQ procurement process across a wide range of product categories partnering very closely with category management, global sourcing, quality, supply chain, pricing, and contracts teams to deliver against procurement gains targets and merchandising strategies. Identify and execute against cost savings and terms improvement opportunities across a portfolio of NAPA’s Consumer or Hard Parts product offerings (~$2B in spend). This role will work with other GPC subsidiaries (Canada, Europe, APAC) driving “Global” procurement initiatives that properly leverage GPC’s global buying power.
Position Performance Measures:
- Identify and Deliver on Procurement Gains Targets (Cost Out)
- Deliver on Cash Flow Improvement targets
- Ensure timely execution of RFPs and RFQs
- Develop strong supplier relationships
- Ability to drive projects forward influencing cross functional teams to achieve best commercial decisions for the organization
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Lead and manage Request for Proposal (RFP/RFQ) process from kick-off to sign-off to include drafting RFP/RFQ, reviewing vendor proposals, and facilitating vendor selection. Partner with Legal where appropriate.
- Identify best sourcing strategies (DOM, DI) in line with merchandising objectives
- Drive Tender execution delivering against Procurement Gains Targets and Timelines
- FY Tender pipeline development working closely with category, sourcing, and pricing teams
- Lead annual Supplier Performance evaluation with responsibility for ensuring that when required, corrective action plans are put in place to increase supplier performance
- Develop Procurement Gains targets and AOP
- Lead Supplier Negotiations
- Build out Tender Sign Off presentations with successful commercial recommendations
- Maintain strict compliance with corporate policies and procedures relating to Business Ethics and Code of Conduct, in addition to the specific procurement regulations established by the Federal Government
- Construct professionally written executive summaries which articulate, in summary fashion, the initiative supported by the acquisition, the strategy, negotiation highlights, inherent risks and benefits, and financial landscape of mid-complexity contracting efforts
- Handle multiple assignments and achieve goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Global Sourcing, Engineering, Merchandising, or related field required
- Retail and Automotive Aftermarket experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories, and processes
- Contracts Terms and Negotiation experience
- Complex Project Management
- Comfortable presenting to executive leadership and articulate commercial recommendations
- Strong Business Acumen
- Advanced experiences with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Global teams a plus (Canada, Europe, APAC)
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effectively controls and monitoring processes
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Capable of being adaptable/flexible and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.