About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing basic financial reports. Records journal entries, performs variance analysis and account reconciliations. Processes reports to support account details and assists department and field personnel with issues and questions. CPA exam eligible. Reports to Department Supervisor or Manager.
- Ensures general ledger accounts are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepares and enters basic journal entries on general ledger accounts
- Prepares timely balance sheet reconciliations for accounts including but not limited to cash, prepaid accounts, inventory accounts, accounts payable and receivable, intercompany account reconciliations, benefits and payroll related accounts, ensuring appropriate and timely resolution of reconciling items
- Assists subsidiaries with account analysis and research and answers inquiries as encountered
- Evaluates trends, identifies and investigates unusual or unexpected account variances and communicates results to department and subsidiary management
- Generates daily and monthly reports to assist in above duties
- Prepares other management and statutory reports, as required
- Makes recommendations to resolve issues and makes corrections, as necessary
- Performs other accounting research as needed
- Adheres to all established internal controls
- Promotes teamwork between operational and financial groups and departments
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance combined with a minimum of 2 years accounting/finance experience
- CPA or pursuing certification
- Basic knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures as relates to general ledger accounting
- Demonstrate organization, attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and independent thinking
- Proven problem solving ability
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel
- Strong work ethic and team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.