Under general supervision, the Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing financial reports. Responsibilities include recording journal entries, performing account reconciliations and variance analyses.
- Performs procedures relating to the accounting function that help ensure effective and efficient operation of the department.
- Ensures general ledger accounts are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepares journal entries on general ledger accounts.
Prepares balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Evaluates trends, identifies and investigates unusual or unexpected account variances and communicates results to department. Makes recommendations to resolve issues and makes corrections.
- Assists with periodic procedures related to inventory processes. Assists with accounting processes related to acquired companies. Performs ad hoc analysis and other accounting research as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in accounting and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience. Master's degree in business, accounting or finance preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Professional, self-motivated employee with excellent interpersonal skills. Exemplary work ethic and decision making ability.
- Strong attention to organization, detail and accuracy.
Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects.
Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels of employees.
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines and produce accurate work under time constraints.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel. Ability to learn various software packages and process workflows. Solid knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures as relates to general ledger and GAAP accounting. PeopleSoft and Blackline experience preferred.
- Ability to build effective relationships and interact with a variety of people and departments.
- Physical Demands:
- Requires normal physical stamina while working in pleasant office surroundings.
This job description illustrates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management retains the right to add or modify duties at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.