Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical assistance to the Finance Department. This position will also support Customer Service, Sales and Shipping to assist with invoicing, shipping costs, billings and credit discrepancies.
- Posting and processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable and reporting of abnormalities
- Vendor maintenance, research and resolution of invoice discrepancies
- Respond to and resolve bookkeeping questions and problems
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, and procedures.
- Evaluate records for accuracy of account balances, postings, calculations, and other records pertaining to business or operating transactions and reconcile or note discrepancies.
- Correspond with customers (internal & external), as needed, regarding their accounts
- General office skills including but not limited to: answer and direct incoming phone calls and assist in customer inquiries and transactions.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience
- HS/GED required, college a plus
- Good data entry skills
- Must be proficient in using MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of natural flow of accounting transactions - strong understanding of accruals, debits, and credits.
- Ability to perform office and bookkeeping duties accurately and efficiently with reasonable supervision
- Maintain good relationships with internal / external customers
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure situations
- Ability to learn and consistently follow company practices and procedures
- Ability to meet all deadlines within required time frames
- Excellent written/oral communications and mathematical skills
- Ability to complete daily work with minimal mistakes
- Must be a team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.