The Accounting Assistant will work with the Tax Department. This position supports multiple office locations and various departments within the company. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Review customer exemption certificates to ensure that they are complete and accurate and assist branches with questions.
- Prepare business licenses and other tax filings.
- Create and process AP vouchers for property taxes and business licenses.
- Copy, scan, mail and file tax documents.
- Enter data accurately in Excel worksheets to assist in the preparation of workpapers and schedules.
- Assist the Tax Department with pulling and reconciling data for audits from various operating systems and data sources.
- Assist the Tax Department with collecting, reviewing and organizing supporting documentation for tax audits.
- Process sales tax refund requests.
- Sort mail for the department.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Minimum of two-year Associates degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast pace environment and remain detail-oriented
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office and other computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to input data via 10 keypads at high level of proficiency and accuracy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.