Here is an opportunity for an entry level Engineer. We are looking for someone who is truly interested in a career in electrical controls and automation work. We offer training in state of the art controls and a great ground floor opportunity. The position is located in Woodridge, IL near the intersection of I-355 and I-55. At Motion Industries’ Chicago Shop, our Automation Center services customers throughout the Midwest and beyond. We build Industrial Control Systems for MRO and OEM Customers.
- Quotations for control systems
- Bill of materials generation for projects
- AutoCad drafting of control circuits and enclosure layouts
- Light mechanical layout of fixtures, brackets, etc.
- PLC/HMI programming, testing
- Field Visits and Commissioning at customers’ sites
- Assembly-wiring of control systems (as needed)
- There would be minimal travel with this position, hardly any overnight travel and
- Some local travel to customer’s sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering
- May consider an AAS degree candidate with a controls background
- Will consider new graduates or someone with 0-2 years of experience
- Must know AutoCad 2D
- Electrical controls interest/background
- PLC and HMI background preferred
- AC drives background preferred
- Electrical control panel building experience preferred
- Microsoft Office skills required (Excel/Word)
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.