International Trade Compliance Analyst
The Trade Compliance Analyst provides support and guidance to the Motion business units to ensure compliance with all applicable government laws and regulations in the company’s international trade activities. This position serves as a liaison between the business units and US government agencies, acts as subject matter expert for all trade issues involving product regulatory oversight, and ensures all import and export transactions comply with the laws and regulations of the US. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Works with the subsidiary procurement teams to ensure product safety compliance at the sourcing as well as procurement and importation stages.
- Assists with development, implementation, and maintenance of import and export compliance policies, procedures, manuals, and work instructions.
- Monitors developments and changes in product regulations and international trade, including laws, regulations, customs rulings, and trade agreements. Communicating this information internally as necessary to support global sourcing efforts.
- Responds to classification inquiries from the business units, customs brokers, and government agencies. Researches and provides necessary information for import entries.
- Provides direction related to ADD/CVD, rules of origin, product marking, and qualification of Free Trade Agreements.
- Conducts entry audits and supports the monitoring and retention of records and documentation for import and export shipments.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and compliance of shipments.
- Coordinates with third party freight audit providers and supporting shipments outside the provider’s scope, including auditing invoices, notifying of corrections, and requesting credits/corrections.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent project management skills and detail oriented. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A customer-centric mindset is required.
- Having strong collaboration skills and able to influence without authority is required.
- Experience with complex organizational supply chains and systems preferred.
- Self-motivated, with ability to set and achieve goals, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications required. Database and spreadsheet experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and utilize various types of software and information systems.
- Strong understanding of state and federal product safety regulations and compliance in connection with the sourcing and distribution of consumer products.
- Familiar with US Code of Federal Regulations, ACE Portal, CROSS, US HTS, US Export Rules and Regulations (ECCN, ITAR, Restricted Party Screening). Knowledge of US Customs and government regulations, government agencies, and product regulations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.