- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Distribution Center Support Services Supervisor
Position Mission: The supervisor provides daily supervision to enable the delivery of consistent, high quality, cost effective Distribution Center (DC) support services in accordance with company policy and applicable laws.
- Works with other DCSC management to supervise daily activity of hourly associates. Assign work and monitor productivity to ensure high standards of quality, accuracy, proper paperwork flow, and customer service.
- Provides direct support to DCSC Director by providing positive leadership and supervision of DCSC employees.
- Coordinate and monitor operations within functional area to ensure performance is consistent with business plan, reduce redundancy, and maintain consistency in processing work. Monitor and adapt work distribution and paperwork flow as needed.
- Ensure hourly associates handle customer requests in a timely manner meeting required levels of service and KPI’s.
- Responsible for motivating employees and maintaining morale at all times to ensure high performance levels.
- Trains and develops employees to ensure the DCSC functions at the highest level of efficiency.
- Drive sound process improvement initiatives and makes recommendations to management.
- Resolves Customer requests following up on them to give them the best service available.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations and making sure we have a safe environment for our employees.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Post HS education preferred.
- 1 year + Supervisory experience or shows strong capability of supervisory skills
- Must have experience with JDE400, Peoplesoft, Service Now, and PC experience.
- Must possess ambition, have a strong desire to lead and not be afraid of challenge or opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (written, and verbal).
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, and strong decision-making skills.
- Must display a solid understanding of DCSC processes
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.