Director of Compensation
NAPA is a Parts Store and so much more! We are driven to have the very best people on our team. To do this, we are looking for a top talent to lead the development, design and implementation of our compensation programs that will attract and retain the best talent around the country.
The NAPA brand is known around the world for having KNOW HOW and we are looking for a Talent who can bring their Compensation KNOW HOW to this very exciting role - Director of Compensation.
In this high matrix role, you will ensure compensation programs support NAPA’s strategic objectives and meet all legal requirements. An amazing opportunity for someone who has spent the last 10 to 15 years in a very broad-based Compensation role and is looking for a really awesome leadership opportunity!
This person will join the NAPA Corporate HR Team at our headquarters in Atlanta, GA and report directly to a supportive Senior VP of HR.
This is the right opportunity for you if:
- Have spent the last 10 to 15 years’ in a compensation role focusing on compliance of various compensation models including incentive programs and bonus plans.
- Are extremely focused on details, able to multi-task and pivot when needed, work independently (very autonomous role) and get quickly up to speed (need you to hit the ground running in this role).
- Have an understanding of which issues you need to escalate or when to involve others (either in HR or in another department)
- Are analytical and truly enjoy working with large amounts of data.
- Ability to take lots of high-level compensation data/analysis and present recommendations to leadership in a clear, concise executive summary.
- Have implemented compensation programs and feel comfortable collaborating with leadership teams on recommended changes to compensation programs.
- Enjoy design and delivery of effective communication materials for compensation programs (both verbal and written)
- Have a basic understanding of HRIS related to compensation functions.
- Partners closely with the division HR Directors on compensation initiatives.
- Collaborates with field leadership team on recommended changes to compensation programs and implementation of programs
- Works cross functionally with other departments on compensation/HR initiatives.
- You have great energy and enthusiasm for all things compensation.
What you’ll need:
- 10-15 years’ in broad-based compensation including salary planning, market pricing, range development/updating, bonus plan administration, and creation/maintenance of job descriptions.
- Sales and executive compensation experience helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience is required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheets at an advanced level for modeling and plan administration.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of employee.
- Ability to present and teach concepts to various audiences for purposes of instructing and convincing.
- Experience with HRIS system and query generation.
- Ability to take large amounts of data, organize and analyze it, and present conclusions reached.
- Familiarity with salary planning and performance management applications.
- Prior experience using online market pricing tools.
- Work is performed in typical office environment.
- 5 – 10% travel *very minimal.
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Beautiful Corporate headquarters with walking trails, on site café/grill and fun on site employee activities
- Competitive Pay
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team.
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and we will be in touch - If you decide that this role is not for you, we still appreciate you stopping by today and ask you to please check out some of our other great careers and employee stories by visiting NAPAautojobs.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.