IT Oracle Database Administrator III
The Oracle Database Administrator III role is responsible for database maintenance, troubleshooting and on-call support for all Shared Services Oracle databases and their respective servers. This position is also responsible for Oracle installation, configuration, upgrades and patching; backup and recovery, including disaster recovery; monitoring database and system performance at all tiers of the architecture; providing and implementation tuning recommendations; working with internal and external customers in support of the environment.
- Works closely with business and internal customers, so strong communication and presentation skills are very important. You must have a consultative personality and good corporate etiquette.
- Enforces and adheres to defined system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains database system performance though regular system monitoring, analysis and performance tuning; troubleshooting hardware, software, network and operating systems; designing and running system load/stress tests; escalating database problems.
- Secures database system by developing system access, monitoring and control mechanisms
- Establishes and tests disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Installs, upgrades and patches database system by adopting industry recognized best practices and conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provide daily production support and troubleshooting as needed.
- Proactively manage and monitor databases and database services, taking appropriate action for well documented processes.
- Investigate, develop and implement processes for future mitigation of re-occurring problems.
- Establish database and database service monitors, developing scripts to automate routine tasks. Must exhibit excellent shell scripting abilities.
- Perform installation and configuration of database software and related products. Manage the regular patching process for the servers and database software.
- Tasked with continuous re-evaluation of the database architecture and capacity planning. Make proposals and recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Lead troubleshooting of database performance tuning and connectivity issues, providing root cause analysis and future mitigation steps.
- Tune the OS and hardware to achieve optimal performance.
- Responsible for creating and administering the backup and recovery plan that adheres to department policy for archiving rules. Implement business continuity plans and processes.
- Document and continue to maintain all administration procedures, hardware and network layouts in regards to Oracle databases.
- Assist in making/ensuring environments are SOX/HIPAA/PCI compliant.
- Work collaboratively with UNIX, SAN and System administrators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides night and weekend support along with 24x7 on call as required.
- Must be a team player
- 6+ years of Oracle experience
- 6+ years of Oracle DBA experience
- Active OCA or OCP certification a plus
- 6+ years of Linux/AIX experience
- 4+ years of networking experience
- 2+ years of Unix shell scripting experience
- 2+ years of SAN/NAS experience
- IBM pSeries hardware experience
- Must have strong understanding of the Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c RDBMS
- Must have experience with ASM/Grid services setup, configuration and administration
- Experience using Oracle Data Guard and Data Guard Broker
- Must have strong hands-on backup/recovery skill using RMAN and/or SAN snapshot technologies
- Proven ability to automate routine tasks
- Demonstrated ability in performance tuning database and applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.