- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
CMV Delivery Driver
Commercial Motor Vehicle Delivery Drivers are key members of our team. The driver is responsible for preparing, loading/unloading, and delivering merchandise to customers. The driver is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of vehicles with GVWR up to 25,000lbs. and may also be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure timely deliveries to customers
- Maintain an accurate detailed delivery log
- Assist warehouse employees in preparing items for delivery, including packing products and sorting delivery items by route
- May assist with restocking shelves
- Ensure customer service requirements are met
- May be required to earn safety certifications for specific customers
- Cleaning and maintenance functions of delivery vehicle
- Adhere to all federal, state, and local laws
- Adhere to safety policies
- Proper handling and filing of customer picking tickets, driver load sheets, bills of lading and other associated paperwork
- Provide courteous, efficient and professional service in dealing with customers
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- At least 18 years old
- Ability to operate a vehicle weight rated up to 25,000 lbs safely and in a professional manner
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Possess a current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and manage time well
- Ability to move up to 100 lbs. and lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.