Senior Network Engineer
The GPC Senior Network Engineer will serve as an integral part of the Network Engineering Organization responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and auditing tasks associated with the entire GPC Global Network Infrastructure. The Senior Network Engineer is tasked with the successful resolution of complex network support issues, interfaces with customers and vendors to provide specific network related technical support, and participates in the delivery of complex projects related to the networking business requirements of GPC and its subsidiaries. This will be an intensively hands-on role, requiring a superior level of technical network expertise. The candidate will design, build, and maintain an ever-changing complex architecture of network systems and devices across multiple environments that support the GPC business needs. The scope includes, but is not limited to, internal and external firewall security appliances, infrastructure devices such as routers, switches, load balancers, wireless controllers and access points, IP Voice technologies, carrier and service provider service delivery mechanisms and technologies, ACLs, IPS, WAF, VPN (IPSEC), and DoS (all variants) protection. The Engineer will also provide technical expertise with the evaluation of new supporting technologies, architectural designs, and demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of operational LAN and WAN solutions in a converged, global architecture.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and/or equivalent
combination of education and/or experience
- 6+ years working experience with Cisco IOS devices including configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Working experience in monitoring and troubleshooting Enterprise business and large-scale
LAN/WAN environments including routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in various network technologies, services, and protocols that are typical of a large enterprise network including BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and QoS
- Experience with Wireless Control Systems, Access Points, and 802.1x, PKI, EAP, TLS technologies
- Experience in supporting site to site VPNs and client VPN concentrator solutions
- Strong understanding of change control methodologies and experience implementing and modifying change processes and procedures as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must be able to configure and troubleshoot dynamic routing protocols including BGP/OSPF/EIGRP/MPLS
- Must be able to configure and troubleshoot ACL’s/Route maps/prefix lists, and objects
- Must be able to implement F5 Load Balancer service and configure and troubleshoot VIPS/POOLS/NODES
- Familiar with F5 Load Balancer troubleshooting tools such as LTM log file/TCP dump/iRule logging
- Familiar with interpreting and writing basic to advanced F5 Load Balancer iRules
- Experience installing/cabling network equipment in a data center
- Minimum CCNP hands on experience
Proficiency is as many of the following technologies as possible:
- Cisco ACI, Meraki Switches/AP’s, Nexus 3/5/7k, ASA’s
- Fortinet firewall/IPS
- F5/AIV load balancers security appliances
- Solarwind/Netbrain/Extra hop
- Viptela SD WAN
- Azure Cloud
Customer focused; attention to detail; achievement oriented; communication; network troubleshooting skills; decision making; dependability; initiative; judgment; planning and organizational skills; problem solving; reliable; teamwork; delivers results; interpersonal skills; multitasking; integrity; quality.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.