- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Procurement Services Rep - Buyer
We are seeking a Procurement Services Representative - Buyer to join our team. This exciting opportunity is focused on various purchasing related tasks needed to help ensure the effective use of the inventory management system. Our Buyers perform various purchasing-related tasks that includes work in the areas of database maintenance, inventory management functions, and purchasing. Strong internal candidates may be considered.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Executes established periodic purchasing routines to maintain acceptable inventory levels. Reviews and updates purchase orders, paying attention to any potential database problems and takes action to correct as needed. Performs entry of branch orders in a timely manner, maintaining thoroughness and attention to detail, while obtaining best pricing with cost effective freight charges. Enters online orders to take advantage of best price. Reviews open purchase orders and expedites delivery. Resolves purchasing discrepancies with correspondents and/or vendors.
- Accepts employees’ requests for inventory related assistance and responds promptly and appropriately. Personally satisfies request when possible or initiates action from others as needed. When applicable, trains proper system usage and/or initiates action to prevent future occurrences.
- Maintains a high level of expertise surrounding vendor rules of engagement to place orders accurately.
- Verifies product availability, part numbers, and pricing upon request by branch.
- Completes and responds to RFQs by catalog/internet research or vendor contact.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Supplier Partner’s web-based systems.
- Reviews purchase order variance reports. Ensures proper correction action. Makes necessary database corrections to prevent variance from occurring again. Pursues debits and/or credits from vendor as needed. Performs these duties with the idea of reducing the inventory adjustment expense for the company.
- Researches and responds to Accounts Payable action requests/pricing variances on orders.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training.
- Moderately proficient in the areas of task management, documentation, phone support, and data organization.
- Previous experience with Tribute software strongly desired.
- Personable, well organized, detail-oriented and thorough
- Strong math skills are required
- Ability to function well within a team and yet be self-motivated required
- Good time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is a must
- Fast and accurate computer related skills are important to the job and knowledge of industrial supplies is a plus
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.