Intern, Fleet Supervision (RMDS)
Job DescriptionReady for a challenging and rewarding internship? This is your opportunity to work hands on with the leading automotive parts company and unleash your logistics skills to drive our technology and supply chain businesses forward!
The Global Logistics Intern for the GPC Shared Services corporate campus at Genuine Parts Company supports various functions in Fleet Supervision process development and reporting..
- Equipment Maintenance Invoice Review
- Toll Transponder Equipment Process
- In-Cab Tablet Technology
- Tractor Utilization
- Trailer Tracking & Utilization
- Fuel Report Auditing
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Operations Management, Business or comparable
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project
- Previous campus or community leadership preferred
- Previous experience in dispatching or commercial trucking preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to see the long term vision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.