Media Planning Director
Goodway Group, Ad Age's #3 Best Company to Work for, has a brand new role available, and we are looking immediately for a Director of Media Planning to partner with both our Client Strategy and Media Solutions Groups! This is a people-leader role, fully remote, work-from-anywhere-in-the-US, and we are hiring immediately!
The Director of Media Planning lead innovates and oversees Goodway’s strategic media planning approach and ability to execute. The role connects closely to Client Strategy and Media Solutions leadership, in order to ensure the strategic business solutions represented with clients can be directly connected and executed through, from marketing solution ideation all the way into paid media channels and tactics in order to meet client goals.
In this role you lead a team of both new and experienced media planning experts and ensuring the paid media planning approach is cutting-edge, aligned with the industry, and delivered in such a way that it provides consistency in client experience across the whole of the business.
Who You Are
- Experienced: You have 8+ years of experience in digital media solutions at an agency, working with Fortune 500 Brands, in a variety of different verticals, including D2C, B2C, B2B, etc.
- A Leader: You can lead people in a test and learn environment where the expectation is to fail fast, learn quickly and apply findings.
- An Expert: You will possess strong paid media background, across media channels and tactics. You have a record of accomplishment in leading media strategy for a variety of clients – from small test budgets to $50mm. You are a student of the industry and know how to apply your perspective to make it actionable for Goodway.
- Technical: You have a strong aptitude for analysis to inform media planning forecast and projections for a variety of B2B and B2C client types, including those with an e-commerce and lead generation focus.
- Performance-Driven: Ideally, you have a strong understanding of direct response/performance marketing metrics such as visitor-to-lead and lead-to-sale ratios, sales revenue by channel, cost per lead, landing page conversion rate (CVR%), customer lifetime value (CLV or LTV), LTV: CAC ratios, customer retention rate (CRR), customer acquisition cost (CAC)
- A Strong Communicator: You have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. You can easily represent innovative ideas to a group, internally and externally. You have an unclouded vision of where you are going and how to bring people along as you go.
- Client-centric: You consistently enable a customer-centric view within your team and their approach to their work.
What You’ll Do
This position is a critical leader within our client-focused workflows within Goodway and requires comfort with direct client contact. You’ll be focused on:
- You’ll partner with Business Development, Client Experience, and Media Solutions leaders to define and evolve strategy workflows.
- You will define, enable and communicate a Goodway media planning approach and philosophy that drives our clients’ and Goodway’s business forward.
- You will source and/or develop any necessary tools for the team to use in planning, forecasting, and organizing client plans and strategies.
- You will define success and align the team on their role in building out paid media strategies that perform.
- You will work with the internal and external partners to explore new and different opportunities across a variety of media performance platforms
- You will gauge media performance across the business to determine how we’re doing overall, and make adjustments with the team, accordingly
- You will set clear expectations on deliverables and timelines for the development of media plans
- You will manage any client-related challenges, as it pertains to the development of media plans
- You will provide a point-of-view on media and plan development happening across the industry, internally and externally, as appropriate
Things You Should Know
- Our workdays can sometimes be long and unpredictable. You should be comfortable and capable of sitting and/or standing at a desk for at least 8 hours.
- Twice per year we gather together to work and play for a week. Both retreats are “can’t miss” events. There may also be other opportunities to travel depending on your specific role and business needs.
- This job description does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Goodway Group is the digital media partner agencies and advertisers trust to drive campaign performance and media efficiency. Proud to be completely independently owned and operated, Goodway provides programmatic expertise that meets its clients' needs. Through managed planning and buying services across all paid digital media, Goodway delivers trustworthy marketing expertise and authentic results because Goodway knows the truth is what matters most. Our clients seek solutions that involve B2B and B2C audiences and utilize tactics such as e-commerce, lead generation, website optimization (SEO, CRO), MarTech data utilization, and programmatic media activation that drive outcomes - for the brand, for the consumer, and for Goodway.
We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status or any other legally protected status.
We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status. Did we miss anything?