Senior Project Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
GivePower's mission is to electrify the world with clean energy, and provide greater health, economic and educational opportunities to developing regions that need it most. Our growing team is made up of passionate, creative problem-solvers who value community, vision, and impact. We focus on building and operating projects that provide solar-powered solutions for improving education, water access, food production, and conservation. We also provide life-changing voluntourism treks for donors and teams wishing to be a part of the impact they are making. We create and deploy innovative technology to solve some of the world's biggest problems. If you crave an opportunity to meaningfully improve the lives of those in need, come join the charge!
The Senior Project Engineer is a remote role that can be fulfilled anywhere within Mexico. You will be instrumental in helping GivePower accomplish ambitious goals by spearheading efforts in GivePower's project specific engineering and design aspects including value engineering and operational optimization. You will have the opportunity to work on socially impactful and mission critical projects deployed around the globe. Your role will be responsible for ensuring the best possible site design methods and principles are being implemented. A key emphasis will be providing leadership with on-time and high-quality engineering deliverables.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and continual improvement of internal calculators for Solar Water Farm (SWF) and Impact Project design
- Assist in training other project engineers on topics such of process, technical design, and other subjects as needed
- Provide critical technical validation for all potential SWF and Impact Projects.
- Solar Water Farms: Reviewing survey reports such as hydrogeological, geotechnical, soil resistivity, and topographical.
- Impact projects: Reviewing externally and internally provided project information. If required, travel to site and complete technical survey
- Lead design work for Solar Water Farms and Impact Projects, including:
- Solar Water Farms: Borehole and brine discharge design, Pump specification and selection, Site layout, PV system & energy storage design, grounding & lightning protection design
- Impact Projects: Site layout, PV system & energy storage design, equipment installation design, distribution design, grounding & lightning protection design
- Develop and/or review technical project drawing (AutoCAD). Drawings include:
- Wiring diagrams
- Plumbing and instrumentation diagrams
- Site layouts
- Civil and Structural plans/details
- Other drawings, as required.
- Drive drawing set reviews throughout the design process with both the internal team and external contractor(s), including as-built drawings after commissioning
- Provide technical specification of equipment and review for procurement
- Provide subject-matter expertise to the Deployment team during construction
- Responsible for continuing quality improvement by improving project design, incorporating lessons learned and providing continual feedback for product development
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 5+ years in a related Engineering/Design field
- Experience in electrical engineering and design
- Experience in hydrologic/environmental/water resources engineering and design
- Understanding of off grid solar + energy storage design
- Understanding of desalination design and pump specifications
- Proficiency in AutoCAD including 3D modeling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and very organized
- Ability to lead complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Robust commitment to quality
- Strong focus on providing timely solutions and deliverables
- Innovative, creative, “outside-the-box” thinking
- Thrives in dynamic environment, natural problem solver
- Maintains a positive can-do attitude with growth mindset
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and make things happen
- 4 year college degree, or relevant experience in a related field
GivePower is an equal opportunity employer; we strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. If you are interested in this position, please provide your CV in English when applying.
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign, or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!