Senior Product Manager
Goodleap’s Product Management team is responsible for delivering innovative, best-in-class solutions across various platforms to world-positive lending. We are obsessed with solving customer needs. We want every interaction to be simple and easy. We collaborate with user experience and design, business, and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences that delight our customers and partners. We are looking for product and customer champions to shape the product roadmap and vision for various products and platforms in our ecosystem, including our Developer API offering, Loan Origination platforms, Payments and Funding, Booking and Servicing, Communication and Loan Documents, Loan Sales Tools, etc. We are looking for passionate product professionals who truly embrace the ownership mindset and who obsess over how to make the world a better place through world-positive, friendly financing and investing. The ideal candidates will have experience with financial services or fintech and preferably with experience in loan origination and surrounding processes such as underwriting, funding, and servicing.
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled financing experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with senior leaders to set ambitious and clear product vision for growing and scaling our business and product offerings. Be uber data focused, leveraging data and business insights to evaluate performance of your product against business objectives, and pivot / adjust as appropriate, balancing risks, costs, and benefits effectively. Be in tune with the competitive and industry landscape to identify customer needs and trends.
Be responsible for all aspects of technology product development including discovery, requirements gathering, development, and implementation of features. Ensure rigor in execution and attention to detail by effectively managing the product feature backlog. Coordinate seamless Go-to-Market activities. Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure alignment and manage expectations. Work closely with partners across the board, including UX, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Legal, Engineering, etc.
Motivate the engineering squad to leverage individual strengths to overcome challenges. Model team norms and contribute to positive team dynamics, leading to continuous team performance improvement. Foster an environment of trust, effectively communicating within the squads and with an ecosystem of stakeholders.
Communication and Reporting:
Regularly provide updates to senior leaders, stakeholders, partners, squad members, etc. Effectively tailor communications to the appropriate audience to ensure broad alignment, awareness, and advocacy of the product.
Support client-facing employees in delivering for our clients (specifically web and mobile strategies) by integrating the end-to-end client experience.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to flex between strategy and execution seamlessly, and energized by a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Strong product management skills, experience with client journeys, and demonstrated ability to synthesize data
- Technical background with a keen understanding of broader business needs and strategy; ties product metrics to business goals
- Proficient in defining complex user stories, with thorough acceptance criteria and use cases
- Deep user empathy and understanding of user needs, and ability to propose credible novel solutions that meet those needs
- A passion for digital innovation and commitment to superb customer experience
- Adept with Agile, Lean Start Up, and Design Thinking; experience with A/B Testing is a plus
- Superior communication skills, able to communicate complex messages and trade-offs, and be able to tell a compelling story
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an interactive process and an Agile development methodology
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills
- Curiosity to continually reevaluate existing designs
- Effective in leading cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types
- Partner effectively with internal partners and stakeholders to develop product ideas
- Manage risks effectively and ensures products meet compliance, legal standards
- Good understanding and/or experience with financial services regulations is a plus
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or 7-10 Years Experience
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!