Sr. Deployment Manager, Solar Water Farm
WHO WE ARE:
The GivePower Foundation ("GivePower") is a growing team of passionate problem-solvers creating innovative ways in which to use and develop clean energy systems around the world, for developing regions that need it most. GivePower's primary programs include solar electrification for medical, educational, and economic needs in developing regions; deploying scalable solar-powered desalination solutions for clean water access in remote communities, promoting global female empowerment, and sponsoring "voluntourism" treks for donors and partners that want to experience the impact firsthand. Born from the Silicon Valley clean tech industry, we are visionaries with a drive to help solve the world's biggest water and energy crises. Come join the charge!
This is your opportunity to join an innovative organization on the ground level and become an integral part of our mission to save lives through clean energy. We are looking for a passionate, energetic self-starter who will work closely with the GivePower leadership team to help organize, manage and execute on key projects. As the Sr Deployment Manager, you will be instrumental in helping GivePower accomplish ambitious goals by leading efforts in GivePower's project development and execution, EPC contractor and construction management, and required administrative support.
Working closely with the VP of Deployment, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of international projects - primarily GivePower's Solar Water Farm Projects, which all focus on using solar powered desalination plants that drastically improve communities' quality of life by providing access to clean water. A key emphasis will be providing leadership for all assigned projects regarding development, scope, schedule, and budget - you will be contributing greatly to the level of GivePower's impact firsthand and be an instrumental team member creating sustainable solutions to one of the world's most pressing challenges.
If you thrive in a start-up culture, you will get to use your passion and creativity to help build an organization that is aiming to change people's lives around the world.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key contributor to the site selection and technical validation of Solar Water Farm projects, including: assessing key technical and financial aspects of project feasibility, conduct necessary studies, and align them with internal processes. Ultimately outlining a project scope, schedule, and budget for each project.
- Manage and evaluate contractor relations, performance, and evaluation metrics for optimum collaboration. This includes: managing local RFP bid processes, bid analysis, strategic negotiations, and recommendations of contractor selection. Work closely with various staff and the VP of Deployment to ensure all components of the bid package are complete. and accurate.
- Plan, execute, monitor, and oversee project mechanics and documentation (contract negotiation, invoices, change orders, and other agreements). Ensure contractor deliverables including permitting, quality standards, payment milestones, and closeout requirements. This also includes managing project timeline, identify critical path and key milestones for project's success.
- Coordinate with engineering and/or local contractors to finalize and optimize project designs; including structural engineers, surveyors, and any other experts that may be required. Support with equipment procurement needs for each project. Provide and confirm local availability for procurement items, gathering respective quotes and lead-times.
- Coordinate with site operations staff to help ensure a smooth transition from deployment to operations including providing project closeout documentation required by authorities for operation and distribution of water.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of internal Deployment templates and organizational structure, departmental strategic initiatives, and methods of communications with various departments (Finance, Operations, Engineering, Creative).
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 3+ years in the renewable energy industry
- 5+ years' experience of project/ construction management
- Aptitude in network architecture and configuration
- Understanding of solar systems, maintenance, and design
- Understanding of water treatment systems and battery storage is a plus
- Strong focus on providing timely solutions and deliverables
- Innovative, creative, outside-the-box thinking
- Thrives in dynamic environment, natural problem solver with constant attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintains a positive can-do attitude, with growth mindset
- Strong project management, and second-to-none organization skills
- Experience working with multiple teams, preferably with remote teams
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and make things happen
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated with demonstrated problem-solving capability
- Willing and able to travel nationally and internationally, as needed
GivePower is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion or any other characteristic protected by Kenyan laws and regulations.
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign, or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!