Group Product Manager
We are seeking a Group Product Manager to lead our Product Management team. The ideal candidate is experienced in financial operations AND a product evangelist with a passion for creating elegant software solutions in the financial technology space.
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled financing experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Product Strategy – Work closely with senior leaders to set ambitious and clear product vision for growing and scaling our business and product offerings. Be uber data focused, leveraging data and business insights to evaluate performance of your product against business objectives, and pivot / adjust as appropriate, balancing risks, costs, and benefits effectively. Be in tune with the competitive and industry landscape to identify customer needs and trends.
Execution – Be responsible for all aspects of technology product development including discovery, requirements gathering, development, and implementation of features. Ensure rigor in execution and attention to detail by effectively managing the product feature backlog. Coordinate seamless Go-to-Market activities. Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure alignment and manage expectations. Work closely with partners across the board, including UX, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Legal, Engineering, etc.
Leadership – Motivate the engineering squad to leverage individual strengths to overcome challenges. Model team norms and contribute to positive team dynamics, leading to continuous team performance improvement. Foster an environment of trust, effectively communicating within the squads and with an ecosystem of stakeholders.
Communication and Reporting – Regularly provide updates to senior leaders, stakeholders, partners, squad members, etc. Effectively tailor communications to the appropriate audience to ensure broad alignment, awareness, and advocacy of the product.
Partnership – Support client-facing employees in delivering for our clients (specifically web and mobile strategies) by integrating the end-to-end client experience.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Develop a deep understanding of our Investor needs pre-and post-sale; collaborate with Capital markets to define and distribute appropriate reports, documentation, AND build the speediest possible automation of elegant Investor self-service tools to access these
• Recruit outstanding Analytical thinkers with high standards, great UX instincts, workflow design capability, and a passion for explaining complex concepts to non-technical users to form a world-class management group.
• Lead by example in best practice Agile adoption to help the cross-functional development team deliver consistent, high-quality, highly predictable releases of new features and business value
• Lead change management plans & adoption of new functionality in order to assure maximum value realized from our development efforts.
• Work with executive team and stakeholders to design and deliver delightful software user experiences
• Breakdown complex solutions into viable roadmaps and tractable delivery plans
• Prioritize and represent automation needs to our development squad clearly and concisely in Agile ceremonies and through outstanding (yet concise!) requirements documentation (User stories, Agile breakdown of implementation plans, Acceptance Criteria, etc.)
• Interact effectively with business leaders and executives to translate “1-liner emails” and “ad hoc” report requests into actionable business needs, requirements, and viable, sustainable solutions
• Primary responsibility for backlog grooming, initiative and feature prioritization; in collaboration with the team’s Scrum Master(s), leadership of sprint planning
• User Acceptance Testing of new features and functionality prior to delivery to the business
• Demonstrated ability to recruit and coach a product management team
• Outstanding written & verbal communication skills, ability to breakdown complex projects into logical actionable parts
• Strong competency (&/or FAST learning!) of the Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence)
• Software development experience in agile development environments
• Experience eliciting functional requirements and documenting clear, concise written requirements
• Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external software customers and Executives
Effectively applies our agile/scrum methodology and enforces project standards
• Strong leadership (Servant Leader)
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Clear, concise written and oral communication skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Facilitates team status meetings and keeps the project team well informed of changes
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Inspires coworkers to attain goals
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
• Encompass360 experience preferred
• Mortgage Origination subject matter expert
• Qualification in project management or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!