The Associate will play a key role within the Strategy Team to help execute GoodFinch’s corporate strategic vision. The ideal candidate will understand how a lending business works and have a base knowledge of various funding strategies. Additionally, an ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
About GOODFINCH: An affiliate of Goodleap
GoodFinch is an ESG-focused investment adviser that was founded by a team of clean-energy veterans who have been instrumental in fostering growth within the residential solar industry. By utilizing the founders’ vast expertise, the GoodFinch platform was launched with the goal of targeting successful and sustainable home improvement fixed income assets centered on residential solar loans. Renewable energy is the fastest-growing energy source in the United States, and as such the leadership of GoodFinch is committed to supporting the continuous high performance of residential solar loans. These borrowers are thoughtful homeowners who are making a conscious choice to invest in solar to reduce their carbon footprint while saving money and improving their homes
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage monthly reporting requirements with our Limited Partners and Debt Facilities
- Analyze data to predict asset performance
- Build financial models to analyze and show potential internal and external returns on various financial products and structures
- Interact and build relationships with existing and potential investors through introductory meetings, due diligence sessions, and special requests
- Create presentations based on underlying performance and industry data for current and potential investors
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Highly skilled with MS Excel (including VBA) and other MS Office products including PowerPoint, and Word
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience (e.g. investment banking, private equity, M&A, consumer finance, structured finance, asset-backed finance)
- Understanding of basic accounting statements: balance sheet, cash flow, income statement
- Superb attention to detail
- Understanding of ABS, whole loan sales, various debt and equity financing structures, including short and long term debt
- Effective presentation skills to compellingly present complex information
- A bachelor’s (or advanced) degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Must be passionate about finance and/or the renewable energy/home improvement space
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!