Senior Back End Software Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will contribute towards the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
This position will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development and maintenance of best-in-class software experiences. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can help us achieve ambitious product development goals that ensure proper interoperability between application and platform services and that they are built for scale, resilience, accuracy and reliability. The candidate takes responsibility of the software artifacts produced while adhering to high technical standards and frictionless customer experience.
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled financing experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet, and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated capability in designing, developing, testing and maintaining large scale cloud native applications
- Design and implement highly performant RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs and data processing pipelines for mobile, web and 3rd party integrations
- Exhibit relentless focus on the qualitative aspects of the backend services including performance, scalability, observability, reliability and security.
- Lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skill Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Passion for software development, emerging technologies and culture of innovation
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience building robust backend services and REST APIs using .Net, Node.js and GraphQL
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elastic Search)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (IAM, Cognito, EC2, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation)
- Experience with messaging paradigms and serverless technologies (Lambda, SQS, SNS, SES)
- Experience with AWS or similar distributed architecture
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!