Senior Manager of Policy
We are seeking a Senior Manager or Director of Public Policy. This position will identify and advocate for policies at the state and federal levels that drive the adoption rooftop solar, battery storage, energy efficient technologies and other sustainable home solutions. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working remotely, and have experience navigating, analyzing, and commenting on regulatory proceedings and legislative actions.
This is a full-time remote work opportunity, with preference for a candidate based in Washington D.C., Florida, Texas, or California. Occasional travel and office meetings will be required.
We are the world-positive lender. Our mission is to connect billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve a more sustainable lifestyle, we are revolutionizing the $350 billion+ home improvement industry. As such, we have become the financial ecosystem for mission-driven businesses who need fast and frictionless lending to empower their customers, and we help consumers save money with our modern lending technology.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar energy and storage technologies to deliver the most essential community services to regions of the world that need it most.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor regulatory filings, legislative actions, media, academic research, and other sources for policy developments related to solar and sustainable home improvement
- Summarize key policy updates and effectively communicate opportunities or risks
- Work collaboratively with and provide guidance to internal business development and finance teams to inform decision making and prioritize policy initiatives
- Partner with marketing, communications, and creative teams to develop talking points, emails, and digital assets to clearly explain complex policy issues to various stakeholders
- Develop presentations related to rooftop solar and sustainable home improvement policy developments to inform corporate policy positions
- Represent GoodLeap with regulators, government officials, and state legislators with the ability to prepare and present written and verbal testimony
- Work collaboratively with and provide strategic guidance to coalitions of stakeholders, including trade associations, consumer advocates, and NGOs
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in public policy on issues related to clean energy or home improvement OR equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong communication, research, and analytical skills
- Willingness to problem solve and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Self-starter – work independently and effectively on projects
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with internal staff and external organizations
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!