Software Engineering Manager
This position is responsible for managing high performing, cross-functional engineering teams through the design, development and delivery of software products with high quality, timeliness and scalability. You will be responsible for attracting, hiring and mentoring software professional at all levels and care about their professional growth and career pathing. You will collaborate with product managers, program managers and other business owners to solve real business problems provide solutions that consistently exceed customer expectations.
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled financing experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Comprehensive benefits package
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, mentor, nurture and promote engineers at all levels while leading teams through the times of rapid growth
- Work with product managers and other stakeholders to align on common business goals and develop tactical strategies around resource planning, timeline management and task priorities
- Work with business partners, architects, DevOps and regulatory bodies to identify technical and functional needs of the systems and execute on the company’s priorities
- Enforce adoption of company policies in the areas of design practices, development standards, architecture, security, compliance and change management.
- Identify and measure KPIs, productivity metrics, and other continuous improvement programs across design, implementation, and delivery
- Collaborate with program managers and scrum masters to establish and improve agile software development and DevOps delivery practices for the organization
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- BS with 8+ years or MS with 4+ years of experience developing software projects through complete release cycles
- 2+ years of experience managing people in an engineering organization
- Experience developing cloud native applications using public cloud technology and solutions like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Solid Hands-on experience in technologies like node.js, Typescript, React, REST, JSON, GraphQL, NoSQL databases, mobile app development
- Ability and intent to roll up your sleeves to get things done when needed, including learning new technologies and processes to help your teams
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!