Senior Front End Software Engineer
The Goodleap team is looking for a hands-on software engineer with a passion for developing and supporting customer facing web applications. The successful candidate is highly motivated individual with strong technical skills to create intuitive, secure and performant customer experiences. The ideal candidate is passionate about quality and has a keen eye for the details that delight our customers.
The candidate in this role will be required to work closely with cross-functional teams to effectively coordinate the complex interdependencies inherent in the applications. We are looking for hardworking and passionate engineer who want to make a difference in the products they develop.
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled financing experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet, and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing web-based applications with scalable web services.
- Participate in the design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Be the gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, readable, and free of technical debt.
- Be self-sufficient and fully own the responsibility of executing projects through to successful conclusions.
- Provide mentorship to team members including offshore associates for assigned engineering projects.
- Participate in design discussions and develop re-usable components and platform capabilities for all UI solutions.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 7 + years of full-time software development experience.
- degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Proficient with modern web application development with knowledge of JS ecosystems
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with open source web frameworks (e.g. NodeJS/React/GraphQL/PostgreSQL/Redshift/Redis).
- Solid understanding of performance implications and scalability of code.
- Keenness for writing good, meaningful tests and maintaining thorough test coverage.
- Experiences working with server-less applications on public clouds (e.g. AWS).
- Experience with large, complex codebases and know how to maintain them.
- Experience in automated front end testing
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!