As a key member of our Consulting team within Professional Services, the Data Engineer is responsible for the data pipeline part of our data product implementation. Our team of data product managers, solution architects, and data engineers works directly with customers, driving requirements gathering, the project design, and the QA process. Data Engineers implement data warehouse data models and dimensional data models, deliver ETL in SQL, and write multidimensional queries in MAQL.
The right candidate for this position is customer oriented with strong communication and technical skills. You must be able to demonstrate deep technical expertise and clearly articulate technical topics even to non-technical audiences.
This role is best suited for someone who has 2+ years of work experience, has a quantitatively-oriented degree (of any variety) from a top-tier school, and who thrives in extremely analytical, technically-oriented, consultative role. This role is located in San Francisco, CA and no relocation assistance is offered.
- In collaboration with architects, implement data solutions that solve business problems
- Implement effective and scalable end-to-end data pipeline solutions
- Optimize SQL queries for scale
- Design conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Build metrics and reports
- Address functional requirements and quality attributes
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the GoodData products and services
- 2+ years of overall experience
- Fluency in SQL and experience in Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development in SQL
- Understanding of dimensional and normalized database models and their applications
- Having a programming mentality and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing (DW) industry
- IT consulting skills and experience
- Experience working in professional services organization
- Experience with columnar databases
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with REST APIs
- Interest in machine learning
At GoodData, you won’t just grow your career. You’ll be a part of a movement that is changing how people work and make decisions.
Why you should join GoodData:
- Help drive the future of business
- Solve meaningful problems
- Build and promote great technology
- Work with brilliant people
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No relocation assistance is offered for this opportunity at this time, and local candidates will be given priority consideration.
Agency Recruiters Take Note:
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes. Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift. Do not send resumes to any of the executives.