SW Engineer Java/Kotlin
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer with the focus on Java/Kotlin to join our Honeybadgers team in Prague. The responsibility of the developer will be to help design and develop new functionality and help to migrate existing components to microservices/Kubernetes as well as to improve the existing solutions.
Java/Kotlin developers are an essential part of the GoodData platform team. We are constantly iterating, designing, and coding our way to excellence. If you're an enthusiastic and talented developer who wants to work in a team of talented, driven individuals then we'd love to hear from you.
The team is responsible for the management of users and workspaces in the product as well as for proxying the traffic down to the rest of the components. We are migrating our existing monolithic application into microservices using Kubernetes to allow us to scale and grow.
Your job will be to:
- Build and extend Java/Kotlin components used by thousands of companies and millions of users
- Help GoodData build the next-generation cloud application
- Be a professional Java and/or Kotlin developer with 2+ years of experience
- Have expertise with Spring and Java/Kotlin frameworks/technologies in general
- Understand QA, be able to write automated tests and design testing strategies
- Be enthusiastic to learn and go beyond your boundaries
- Active spoken and written English
- Be a team player
It is nice if you have:
- Experience using and implementing REST API's
- Understanding of patterns used to build large-scale cloud-based applications
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
Data has changed the world — and we’re changing how data is analyzed, presented, and consumed.
GoodData is a cloud-based business intelligence platform revolutionizing the way in which companies provide analytics to their customers and partners. Integrating seamlessly into workflows and products, GoodData allows clients to provide custom data and analytics to anyone in their ecosystem. We take the value of data seriously, so our systems and platforms maintain the highest standards for security — without compromising on performance.
Join the GoodData team to help bring data-driven decision making to everyone, enabling others to work smarter, faster and more effectively.
Goodies we have ready for you
- 25 vacation days + 6 sick days
- Annual bonus
- Edenred Cafeteria that you can use for shopping or e.g. for your
- Pension plan contributions
- Language courses
- Multisport card
- Stock options
- Mobile phone & mobile phone tariff
- Meal contribution
- IN Karta 25 for CZ railway
- Extra Perks
- Flexible working hours; work from home
- Kitchens full of free beverages and snacks and coffee machines always ready to boost your energy
- Company Events: hackathons, pub meetups, family events on International Children’s Day, Halloween, St. Nicholas Day etc.
- GoodLife activities: sport and cultural events
- Standing desks if you like
- Dog friendly offices
- Bike storage, gym (Prague) and showers
- Informal working environment, relax zones, board games
- Laptop for Personal Use (MacBook or Lenovo)
- Free tickets to ZOO in Prague and Brno for you and your family