Senior Sales Engineer
Rated 32nd Most Successful SaaS Company in the world by Montclare, GoodData is on a mission to fundamentally change how analytics are used and adopted throughout the organization. With more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500 using GoodData, millions of end users and a massively scalable and secure Enterprise Insights Platform, GoodData works with customers to drive a business outcome focus allowing data to finally drive meaningful change for the business.
Today, some of the most well-known brands are using the GoodData Enterprise Insights Platform to disrupt their industries, improve productivity and make business-critical decisions, to create revenue-generating Smart Business Applications. According to Forrester, insights-driven businesses will steal $1.2 Trillion/year from traditional market players by 2020. This is the transformation GoodData is enabling globally.
GoodData is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by top-tier investors like Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst Partners, Intel Capital, TOTVS and others. For more information visit our website and follow GoodData on Twitter and LinkedIn.
GoodData is searching for a Senior Sales Engineer to support the field sales organization. The Senior Sales Engineer's primary responsibility is to represent GoodData Analytics platform in the most appropriate way to prospects and customers that builds credibility and trust in GoodData's technology while addressing any objections and hurdles in the sales cycle.
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business needs and pain points into an analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry, domain and client dynamics.
- Work with prospect’s leaders to come up with an analytics roadmap that blends into the company's overall goals and strategic objectives and map those to GoodData platform capabilities.
- Proactively broaden and deepen relationships with prospects and customers by working with varying levels of their business and technical team members.
- Manage all technical aspects of the sales cycle: creating high quality professional presentations, custom demos, proof of concepts, deliver technical deep dive sessions & workshops, differentiate GoodData from competition, answering RFI, RFPs, etc.
- Share product and solution knowledge with internal teams and shared communities.
- Minimum 5+ years of client facing experience in a pre-sale or post sales capacity (Sales Engineer, Solutions Consultant) with a Enterprise Analytics vendor, Professional Services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group of a F100, or similar environment.
- Experience in Financial Services; might consider healthcare as a distant second
- Some Analytics experience / knowledge (projects, tools like IBM Cognos, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)
- Client-facing and/or enterprise-sales experience (pre sales is preferable but not essential)
- Demonstrated ability to develop simple solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and technical teams.
- Strong communication & presentation skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges to engineers.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to uncover the key business value and formulate a ROI/TCO to help prospect’s executive team to justify the investment.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Lumira), BI tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Cognos), ETL Tools (Informatica, SnapLogic, Talend, Clover)
- Background in computer science, analytics, data science, statistics, applied math, operations research, machine learning, or cloud computing
- Software developer experience
- Machine Learning
- Experience with SaaS deployments, particularly embedded analytics
At GoodData, you won’t just grow your career. You’ll be a part of a movement that is changing how people live, work and make decisions.
Why you should join GoodData:
- Customer success is our #1 priority
- Help drive the future of analytics
- Solve meaningful problems
- Build and promote great technology
- Work with brilliant people
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Agency Recruiters Take Note:
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes. Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift. Do not send resumes to any of the executives.