GoodData is the embedded analytic leader. Help us develop the top analytic software.
We are constantly iterating, designing, and coding our way to excellence. If you're an enthusiastic and talented engineer who wants to work in a team of talented, driven individuals then we'd love to hear from you.
We are expanding our team dedicated to the back-end of our unique analytical platform, designed for creating analytical data products for our customers. We are seeking an experienced professional who not only is familiar with servers administration, scripting, and databases but who is also able to contribute to architecture and the design of distributed software using agile methodologies.
We are looking for a Database Specialist who has experience or is eager to learn Vertica, PostgreSQL and MariaDB, which are leveraged by GoodData back-end architecture, maintain the database and the platform by resource planning, monitoring and improving performance.
Your core responsibilities
- Help to operate hundreds of different database servers and clusters.
- Help to automate management of all the servers and clusters.
- Proactively monitor server and database process health to ensure availability and performance.
- Provide database and platform performance tuning.
- Design and help to implement backup and recovery processes.
- Validate and maintain data security.
- Participate on install, upgrade and maintain the software.
- Help users with good database design, provide tips, trainings, workshops.
- Participate on all the above tasks across portfolio of databases : Vertica, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Previous experience as DBA (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Teradata or similar).
In-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures.
Hands-on experience with database optimization and tuning.
Hands-on experience with monitoring system like Nagios, Munin, Grafana.
Ability to manage and monitor SQL database servers.
Good knowledge of Linux operating system administration, troubleshooting and fine-tuning.
Ability to write scripts in Shell, Perl and/or Python.
Good analytical skills
Good level of English
Qualification appreciated as advantage
- Prior experience with Vertica, PostgreSQL, MariaDB databases.
- Experience with Graphite monitoring system, experience with Splunk.
- Experience with automatic deployment tools such as puppet, terraform.
GoodData powers modern BI for the modern data stack.
GoodData is a cloud-based analytics platform. Employees, customers, and business partners will understand the data, in the same way, thanks to GoodData’s robust end-to-end pipeline; self-service analytics; low-code/no-code interfaces; embeddable data visualization; application integration; and more.