Technical Customer Success Manager
GoodData is a leading analytics and business intelligence company, revolutionizing the way companies are providing analytics to their customers and partners. Integrating into workflows, we provide authenticated access to business reporting, dashboards, and ad hoc analytics to over 1.5 million users daily. GoodData is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst Partners, Intel Capital, TOTVS, Visa, and others.
As a Technical Customer Success Manager, you will own multiple customer relationships with key responsibilities of ensuring customer satisfaction and revenue growth, along with building long-term partnerships with GoodData. You will maintain strong working relationships with other internal GoodData teams such as Product , Finance, Marketing, Legal, Sales, Support, Professional Services, and Engineering.
You are responsible for bringing GoodData's best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to customers through consultative engagements. You will work with both technical and business teams to quickly understand requirements and define success criteria for GoodData customers.
You should be comfortable consulting with C-level executives, backed by a solid understanding of their business objectives, while also acquiring technical knowledge of GoodData’s product functionality and tools. You should possess strong analytical and project management skills, functional BI knowledge, database and/or data warehousing skills, and the ability to articulate value and inspire customers about the potential of GoodData.
As a Technical Customer Success Manager, you will enable strategic customers to be successful on the GoodData platform over the long term. You will join a growing team of GoodData platform experts dedicated to helping clients drive adoption and grow their analytical reporting solutions with GoodData.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customer executive sponsors and technical project leads
- Manage a portfolio of strategic customers in an ownership capacity while also engaging in project-specific activities as needed
- Identify key strategic items to drive customer growth and expansion opportunities on the GoodData platform
- Provide technical problem resolution and communication for all GoodData issues that may arise
- Interface with Product and Engineering teams regarding customer feedback to shape our product roadmap
- Establish post-implementation adoption activities to closely monitor the success of customer initiatives
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of GoodData product and platform functionality
- Manage the renewal process and sale of Professional Services engagement for your customer portfolio
- Become an expert on GoodData’s products and services
- 5+ years relevant work experience with demonstrated client-facing experience
- Exceptional project management skills
- Demonstrated self-directed ability to manage simultaneous, complex engagements with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience with negotiating contracts and facilitating renewal conversations
- Experience presenting strategic business proposals to senior leaders and/or executives
- Skilled in advising customers in product best practices and optimal technical solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree required, ideally in CS, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- Some experience with at least one of the following: data modeling, object-oriented programming, SOAP/REST API integration, relational databases
- Deep knowledge in one or more vertical industries, or experience working with data, analytics and reporting systems
- Experience with data visualization or other BI tools
- Experience with designing in an agile environment (using Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience with web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.) for applying data-driven design approach
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.